Talk about the easiest recipe in the entire world.
This pulled pork uses just two ingredient to cook it-
-and it cooks in the slow cooker, which is the best part! I love my slow cooker so much: I wake up a few minutes early in the morning to throw everything in the slow cooker and then by the time I get home, voila, it’s all done! It’s the work of fairies, or magicians, or unicorns, or something magical. Recipe below!
I’m not lying when I say this is the simplest meal to make, ever. All you need is a can of root beer and a bottle of BBQ sauce. That’s it. That’s all. It’s magical. So magical.
And Steve really drools over this meal, so I’m hoping he’s not reading this because it tastes like I put a lot more effort in this pork than I actually do, and I think get a few gold stars in the kitchen.
This pork is delicious on its own, but we like our pulled pork on sandwich bread, so that’s how we ate it. But, do with it what you wish–I promise it will be delicious with anything you pair it with (within reason).
Another great thing about this pork is that it reheats well. I bring my lunch into work everyday, so this is an important factor for me. But good luck trying to save leftovers and avoiding licking the plate clean 🙂
1 can of root beer
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (your favorite kind!)
2.5 lb pork tenderloin
1 loaf sliced sandwich bread
1. Place the pork in the slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the can of soda and ½ the bottle of BBQ sauce until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture over the pork.
4. Cook on low for 5½ hours.
5. Take pork out of slow cooker and pulled apart with two forks until well separated (this will be extremely easy–it is so tender!)
6. Place pork in serving dish and pour ½ of the remaining BBQ sauce on pork. Mix until all the pork is covered (Reserve the rest of the sauce for condiments on sandwiches if you’re making sandwiches).
7. Serve with a loaf of bread.
8. Dig in!