January’s monthly ingredient challenge was chocolate (YUM!), and since I’m eating healthier this month, I decided to save a recipe I made last month and share it for this month’s challenge. As you may know, I went to a cookie exchange in the beginning of December. For that cookie exchange, we made s’mores cookies, salted caramel cookies, and these incredibly delicious and soft chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips.
These cookies were entirely Bailey’s idea. Bailey is my boyfriend’s middle child, and once we knew we were going to the exchange, she knew right away that she wanted to make chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. She was sure of it. And I’m happy she was.
These cookies are extremely soft, and the white chocolate chips add such an amazing depth of flavor. I have a massive love for white chocolate, but usually I don’t mix chocolate and white chocolate. Clearly, I didn’t know what I was missing, since the combination of chocolate and white chocolate is incredible.
If you’re new around here, welcome! Let me tell you a bit about what’s going on today, and on every 25th of the month. I participate in what we’ve dubbed the Monthly Ingredient Challenge, where a group of bloggers and myself all create a recipe involving the same ingredient. As I mentioned, this month’s ingredient is chocolate!
At the end of the post, the rest of the bloggers’ scrumptious recipes are shared, so be sure to stop by and check them all out!
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 11 oz. bag of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line two cookies sheets with wax paper.
- In a standing mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla and eggs, mix on medium until well combined.
- While mixing on low, slowly add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stop mixing as soon as the flour is just incorporated. Don't over mix!
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 mins.
- Let cool on a cookie rack.
Now, as promised, here are the recipes from the other bloggers. If you click on the photo of the recipe you like, you’ll be taken right to it! Have fun indulging in chocolate, friends <3