Stephen’s out of town again… do you know what that means?! It means that Aurora and I get to indulge in our favorite veggies that he doesn’t like. Specifically? Broccoli.
Both of us absolutely love broccoli, and Stephen just isn’t a fan. So usually when he leaves town for work or to visit his kiddos, Aurora and I definitely have at least one or two meals involving some delicious broccoli! (Don’t you love when kids love broccoli? ME TOO.)
I also love Asian food, so I’ve been wanting to try out an Asian stir fry for a while now, but was just waiting for that open window where I could make broccoli! And that window is now.
Along with the glorious, glorious broccoli, I add shredded carrots and shitake mushrooms. Then I tossed everything together in a delicious Asian sauce and inhaled everything. Seriously, Aurora and I finished this entire skillet by ourselves… in one sitting (I don’t recommend this, I was way too uncomfortably stuffed). Bravo got a few scraps, but that’s only because he was staring at us with those sweet puppy dog eyes. Anyone that can resist those sweet puppy dog eyes is a stronger person than I am.
Besides the taste, the reason I loved this meal so much was because it whipped up in less than 15 minutes! A quick, hearty, easy, scrumptious meal! You don’t even notice the absence of meat because there are so many other goodies thrown into the mix. (Shout out to my vegetarian readers!)
I’ve written the recipe exactly how I made it, but feel free to add in onions, peppers, or any veggies you want to throw in! That’s what is so fun about a stir fry: You can literally throw in any vegetable you want to and it’ll still taste amazing.
- for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- for the ramen noodle stir fry:
- 5 packs of ramen noodles (discard the flavor packets)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3.5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat, and cook the ramen according to the directions on the package.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic, ground ginger, mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots, and saute for 4-6 minutes.
- Drain the ramen and add the noodles to the skillet. Add the sauce & cilantro to the skillet. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes to warm sauce.
- Dig in!
Have you been thinking of starting your own blog but haven’t taken the plunge yet? Do it, seriously. Hitting “publish” on the first post is liberating. Plus, did I mention more money now working for myself than I ever did in the corporate world? Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to start a blog in 10 minutes.