I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with salads lately. I used to be extremely boring and every time I made a salad I included red grapes, apples, and walnuts. That was it. That was my go-to. But this month, I’ve been having salads nearly every night for dinner and I have yet to repeat a salad. And let me tell you, it’s fun! Most recently, I made this pistachio melon and prosciutto salad which was incredibly good.
There are so many good things going on in this salad. And I don’t just mean good for you, which it absolutely is. But when I say “good” I mean that you will be smiling with every single bite that you take.
On top of all that deliciousness, we have a honey vinaigrette which dresses this salad perfectly. One of my favorite snacks to make is honey, melon and prosciutto stacks. So, taking that flavor combination and putting it into a salad was an idea that I really should have thought of sooner.
- 8-10 cups of spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped melon
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 12 oz. crumbled feta
- 1 cup pistachios (without the shell)
- ⅛ lb. of sliced prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, water, olive oil, oregano and salt & pepper together in a bowl, refrigerate until salad is prepared (multiply as needed).
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, cook the prosciutto for 1 minute per side. Set aside to cool.
- Toss the spinach, melon, strawberries, sunflower seeds, feta and pistachios in a large bowl.
- Chop the prosciutto up and mix into the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.