Are you into award season? I love award season–especially gawking at the beautiful dresses. But what I love specifically about this award season is that I’m involved in an Oscar Awards Party and giveaway!
The Academy Awards, which are on Sunday, Feb. 22, is arguably the most important award show–and we’re celebrating that! I have teamed up with 15 incredible bloggers to bring you an awesome giveaway! One lucky reader will win a streaming media player — their choice of an Amazon Fire TV, an Apple TV or a Roku 3!
Each blogger that’s involved in the party had to choose an Oscar-nominated movie and develop a recipe around that movie. Cool idea, right?! Though there were so many amazing movies to choose from, I decided on American Sniper because for some reason I instantly wanted to make mini camouflage cheesecakes. I’ve definitely been on a mini cheesecake kick lately, so there was no question in my mind that I wanted to make these.
Each of the participating bloggers also has the chance to win a prize! When you participate in the giveaway, be sure to vote for your favorite recipe. The winning blogger will get $50 in cash!
I absolutely love the way these little guys turned out, and I just think they’re absolutely adorable. I also love them because I think they’re great for a variety of occasions: Oscars Noms Party, Military holidays, Hunting parties, etc. So versatile!
And oh so delicious. I took one bite of these and I was floored. The mix of chocolate and cheesecake and buttery graham cracker crust?! Yes please.
But we enjoyed these babies for a few days of dessert–and I was sad when we ran out.
All right let’s get to how we make these. First, preheat your oven to 350. Then, you’re going to mix together 1 cup of crushed graham crackers, 1.5 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Add 12 cupcake wrappers to your cupcake tray and divide the graham cracker mixture evenly. Press down on the graham crackers to tightly pack them. Bake them for 5 minutes–remove and let cool.
Next, time to make the filling (the best part!) Combine 1.5 tablespoons flour and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Pour into a mixer. Add 2 (8 oz.) packages of softened cream cheese and mix on low setting until combined and smooth. Add the eggs and continue to mix on low until just combined–make sure to scrape down sides as needed. Add 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix on low setting until combined.
Divide the mixture into two separate bowls and use green food dye to dye one bowl green (I used about 20 drops of dye).
Melt 1/5 cups of dark chocolate melts as the package suggests and add to a separate bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon at a time of each color, making sure to layer the colors, until cupcake wrappers are almost filled to the top. Take a toothpick and swirl the color around until you get the camo pattern that you’re looking for.
Take out and let cool on the counter for 1 hour. Then transfer to fridge and let cool for 2 more hours.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1.5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate melts
- Green food dye
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1.5 tablespoons sugar in a bowl
- Place 12 cupcake wrappers in a cupcake pan
- Divide graham cracker mixture evenly across wrappers
- Press down with thumb to pack graham cracker mixture tightly
- Bake for 5 minutes--take out and let cool.
- Combine sugar and flour and add to mixture
- Add softened cream cheese and mix on low setting until combined and smooth
- Add eggs and mix on low until combined, scraping down edges as needed
- Add sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla and mix until combined
- Divide mixture in half and dye one bowl green(15-20 drops)
- Melt chocolate according to directions on package
- Add 1 tablespoon at a time of each color(original batter, green, and chocolate) making sure to layer--fill to almost the top of the cupcake wrapper
- Swirl the batter with a toothpick
- Bake for 20-22 minutes
- Let cool on counter for 1 hour
- Transfer to the fridge for 2 hours
- Dig in!
Now, let’s get to the giveaway! I’m so excited to be a part of this incredible giveaway. As I mentioned up top, we are giving away a streaming media player! The winner gets to choose whether they want a Roku 3, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV. What an awesome prize.
But what I want you to do first is meet the 15 other bloggers involved in this giveaway. Open each of their recipes in a new tab so that you can see everyone’s incredible recipes! Once you’re done browsing, come back here to enter the giveaway and vote for your favorite recipe!
The Oscar Noms Party
Menu & Movies
Pork Tenderloin Sliders – The Judge
Aged Cheddar & Apple Grilled Cheese – Boyhood
Pull-Apart Pepperoni Pizza Bread – Whiplash
Asparagus Rolls – Into the Woods
Texas Quesadilla with Chunky Guacamole – The American Sniper
Magic Garbanzo Beans - Into the Woods
Nutella Mochi – Big Hero 6
Rocket Raccoon Cake – Guardians of the Galaxy
Texas Peach Crisp Skillet – American Sniper
Camouflage Mini Cheesecakes – American Sniper
Courtesan au Chocolat – Grand Budapest Hotel
Butterscotch Pudding – Gone Girl
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Granola – Wild
Amazing right?! All right, now it’s time to enter to win, and to vote for your favorite recipe! Thanks for joining us for our Oscar Noms Party. I had so much fun, and I hope you did too.
Meet the amazing bloggers bringing you this giveaway!
Anne from Wit Wisdom and Food // Beth from bethcakes // Cat from The Rustic Willow // Cate from Chez Catey Lou // Erin from The Speckled Palate // Ginnie from Hello Little Home // Grace from Think Fruitful // Jenna from A Savory Feast // Katie from Twin Stripe // LeAndra from Love & Flour // Leia from Eat It & Say Yum // Linda from Brunch with Joy // Madison from The Wetherills Say I Do // Meghan from Cake ‘n’ Knife // Molly from Hey There Sunshine // Susannah from Feast + West
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 35 additional entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $100. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Feb. 16, 2015.