The recipe that by far brings in the most search engine traffic to The Rustic Willow is the tutorial on how to make Cane’s sauce. For those of you who don’t know what Cane’s is, it’s a chain (officially called Raising Cane’s) that serves fried chicken, Texas toast, and Cane’s sauce. There menu is simple because they’ve perfected their staples and people come back time and time again to taste that delicious sauce.
A few month’s back, I taught you how to make Cane’s sauce. Since then, people have fallen in love with its flavor as much as I have. This delicious sauce is still rotated regularly on our dinner menu, and it’s always in the form of grilled chicken sandwiches topped with sauce.
This dinner comes together quickly, but is absolutely packed with flavor.
This is such a perfect go-to dinner, and I always whip it up when I don’t feel like spending a lot of time cooking but still want to make my family happy. Seriously, when I say Cane’s sauce is on the menu I get a lot more hugs and kisses than I normally do.
1 recipe Raising Cane’s sauce
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 hamburger buns
Ice burg lettuce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make Raising Cane’s sauce and store in refrigerator until ready
2. Heat grill to medium heat
3. Cut chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, to make 4 chicken filets
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken
5. Grill until cooked through, 3-5 mins. per side
6. Grill buns for 30 seconds each, inside face down (optional)
7. Cut chicken slices in half and top bun with two halves
8. Add lettuce and tomato to buns
9. Spread Cane’s sauce on top half of bun
10. Dig in!