We’re huge chicken eaters in our house–mostly because it’s affordable, it’s versatile, it’s adaptable, and it’s delicious! I love to experiment with different chicken dishes: It’s so easy to make an impressive chicken dish with simple ingredients, and that’s just what this Green Bean & Sundried Tomato Chicken Recipe is!
I think the flavor of sundried tomatoes is just out of this world, so I was really pumped to try this idea (and any other idea involving sundried tomatoes). And the green beans not only up the vegetable factor, they also add a beautiful pop of color! It’s my firm belief that you should make a dish as pretty as possible, and I think this recipe totally accomplishes that.
In addition to the prettiness, the chicken is also soaking in a creamy sundried tomato sauce that is incredibly yummy and great over pasta. I served this with Rotelli and it was perfect. But it would also be great by itself, served over rice, or with sliced Italian bread. I just like to soak up the juices as much as possible–don’t we all? And my stomach just started to growl as I typed that.
Another really great thing about this recipe is that it reheats wonderfully. I always make a little extra for us so that Stephen and I can both pack lunches for the next day, and we both came home and said the same thing: “That chicken was great reheated.” Since that’s not true for a lot of dishes, we were pleasantly surprised. And that means it’ll get added to the regular dinner rotation
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 10.5 ounces chicken broth
- 8 oz. jar of oil packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 12 oz. of fresh green beans, cut into bit-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesian Cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, forming 6 pieces of chicken total
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
- Take 3 slices of chicken and put them in skillet--cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes each side, set aside
- Continue that process with remaining 3 slices of chicken
- Add garlic to skillet, saute for 1 minute
- Add the broth, cream, cheese, Italian seasoning, sundried tomatoes and green beans to the skillet--stir until combined
- Bring to a boil
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and let cook for 10 minutes
- Add chicken, let cook for another 2 minutes
- Remove from heat, serve warm
- Dig in!
Adapted from Closet Cooking.