I love a simple bacon and eggs breakfast as much as the next gal,
but sometimes I’m craving something a little fancier for breakfast.
The great thing about this recipe is that it includes both bacon and eggs and it also includes some extra veggies to start your day off right.
For this dish you can prepare your egg to your liking—mine is simply fried. And then it sits atop a bed of cooked greens and diced tomatoes—crumbled with crispy, delicious bacon.
Can you say, “Yes, please?”
So next time you think of popping your toast in the toaster to accompany your eggs and bacon, try this instead! It will leave you feeling full and refreshed and ready to have the most kick-ass day.
Note: This recipe is for one person, so double, triple, or quadruple as necessary.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 pieces bacon
5 cups uncooked spinach
½ of a tomato
1 teaspoon garlic salt
hot sauce (optional)
- Add bacon to a cold skillet and turn heat on medium low (did you know bacon cooks best when started in a cold skillet?!) Continue flipping the bacon until it becomes brown and crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and let drain on paper towel or brown bag.
- Heat oil in a separate medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Throw spinach in the skillet. Add garlic salt and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dice tomato and add to skillet with spinach, cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook egg to liking in a separate skillet (the skillet you used for the bacon would be fine as long as you removed the bacon grease from it).
- Remove spinach and tomato mixture and set on plate.
- Set spinach/tomatoes on the plate first, and then add the egg.
- Crumble bacon over the top.
- Add a dab of hot sauce to the egg (optional).
- Dig in!