I absolutely love pasta. I grew up in New Jersey, so I think liking pasta is inherently in my blood. It’s a requirement to grow up there. Seriously. I could eat pasta every day if that many carbs was acceptable. Unfortunately it’s not, so when I do make pasta, I make sure to make it delicious. Enter: Easy Caprese Pasta.
The best part about making this was I hogged it for myself. I made it for lunch one day when no one was home and ate the leftovers for lunch the next three days, brilliant! But before you think I’m too cruel, let me just tell you that Stephen doesn’t like pasta that much. He’ll eat it if I make it, but he’ll never request it or crave it. I know, he’s a weirdo. However, I’m totally OK with this flaw of his, because that means more pasta for me. Yay.
So not only did I top a bed of delicious egg noodle with chopped tomatoes, chopped mozzarella and chopped basil. I also drizzled an amazing balsamic reduction on the top. I seriously use this reduction for so many dishes: salads, chicken dishes, pasta dishes. Can’t get enough. And it’s super easy to make–which is my favorite part.
- 4 cups of egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ block of fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- - Cook egg noodles according to package
- - Add butter to a small saucepan and melt over medium heat
- - When butter is melted, add balsamic vinegar
- - Bring to a boil and turn heat to low
- - Reduce balsamic vinegar for 3 minutes
- - Add noodles to a large bowl, mix in tomatoes, mozzarella (the residual heat will melt the cheese a little), basil, Italian seasoning and olive oil
- - Drizzle the balsamic reduction on top
- - Dig in!