It’s the 25th of the month! Do you know what that means?! Monthly Ingredient Challenge Day, yay! Every month, a group of wonderful blog friends and I get together to make recipes using one common ingredient. I was thrilled with this month’s ingredient choice: avocados. I absolutely love avocados, and I love pizza, so I decided to combine the two and make an Avocado Ranch Hawaiian Pizza.
This pizza is made on flat bread as an individual pizza, but you can easily multiply the ingredients if you’re making it for a crowd. This was my pizza in our “make-your-own-pizza” night though, so I definitely wasn’t sharing 🙂
Sidenote: If you’ve never done a make-your-own-pizza night in your family, you need to. It’s so fun and everyone gets exactly what they want! Just get a few flat breads, a jar of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and various toppings. It’s definitely a way to jazz up a standard pizza night!
- 1 flat bread
- ¼ cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup pineapple tidbits
- ¼ cup chopped ham (I cut deli ham into little pieces)
- ¼ cup chopped avocado
- A sprinkle of dried basil
- Ranch for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spread marinara on the flat bread with a spoon, leaving about a ½ inch on the edges for a crust
- Top the marinara with cheese
- Add the remainder of your toppings, in whatever arrangement you would like (I added the avocado after the pizza was cooked, but this is a personal preference)
- Sprinkle dried basil on top
- Cook for 15-18 minutes
- Drizzle with ranch
- Dig in!
Do you love avocados as much as I do? Check out the rest of the delicious avocado recipes in this month’s challenge: