For St. Patrick’s Day, Steve was away for the week and it was just Aurora and I. Stephen doesn’t like to branch out on his vegetable intake and usually sticks to green beans and corn, so when he is away Aurora and I eat loads and loads of vegetables. One of the main foods we usually indulge on is avocados. Stephen doesn’t dislike them, but Aurora and I are obsessed with them. So it seems like the perfect time to try out my avocado, feta & ranch chicken burger recipe.
And it’s really simple to make–you just have to mix up the ingredients in a bowl, form patties, and grill! Then top with delicious avocado slices and drizzle with ranch.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 avocados (one chopped for patties, one sliced for topping)
- 1 tablespoon ranch
- ⅓ cup feta
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 burger buns
- Extra ranch for drizzle
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat,
- Add chicken, chopped avocado, ranch, feta, bread crumbs and eggs in a bowl. Mix together until well combined
- Form mixture into 4 or 5 patties
- Cook on grill for 3-5 mins per side, depending on how thick your patties are
- Grill buns for 20 secs (optional) to warm
- Place chicken patty on bun
- Top with sliced avocado
- Drizzle with ranch
- Dig in!